Systems for volumetric and gravimetric dosing
Due to the growing demands on product quality, the requirements for dosing accuracy and the tolerance limits in recipe dosing are constantly increasing. To do justice to these, you need to know your bulk material exactly: grain size, shape and properties. Does the bulk material flow? Is it bridge-forming or fluidizable?
As a dosing screw manufacturer, we have developed a dosing unit based on our experience, which is suitable for all bulk materials thanks to its different designs and possible combinations.
Advantages for your bulk material handling
Modular dosing unit in 2 sizes
For maximum flexibility and efficient product discharge
Emptying aids for difficult bulk materials
Thanks to the possible integration of agitators and activation aids
Versions with and without a weighing system
The weighing system guarantees highest accuracy in batch operation
Closed and therefore dust-free dosing
For a safe and environmentally friendly overall concept for your dosing system
Design and functions of the dosing unit
- Dosing screws in different designs for optimum dosing results for powders and granules
- Dosing system design in steel or stainless steel in the capacity range from 5 to 5,000 L/h
- Version for gas or dust ATEX zone (zone 1/2 or 21/22)
- Polished surfaces that come into contact with the product: particularly hygienic for food applications
- Easy to clean thanks to the additional removable front panel
- Different drive systems to suit every metering application: available with fixed or adjustable speed in the range max. 1:100
- Various sealing systems: stuffing box, shaft seal, and special sealing systems for food or chemical applications
- Integration of washing nozzles for the safe removal of product residues
- Weighing systems tailored to your application for high accuracy in batch operation
Finding a solution together
Whether it is components, systems or complete turnkey solutions “as a service”: Let our bulk material experts advise you on your challenges.
Our solution in action
The conveying and dosing of clay powder.
- Pneumatic conveying of the product with pressure conveying into a receiving container.
- Subsequent conveyance of the product by means of a screw conveyor into a swivelling screw dispenser
- Subsequent gravimetric batch dosing on two conveyor belts.
The emptying, dosing and conveying of EPDM granules.
- The product is emptied at different positions via big bag emptying stations.
- The product is dosed into a rotary feeder via a volumetric dosing and pneumatically conveyed to various receiving points.
To produce colour mixtures, different products have to be dosed according to the recipe for the mixing process in a very small space.
- The EMDE Bulk Batch System has a central recipe management system for this purpose.
- Depending on the requirements, the required products are dosed into the mobile containers and transported to the existing mixing system via the container system.
For the project, containers had to be emptied dust-free and the powder added to the process.
- The core of the project was a emptying station that enabled dust-free docking and undocking of the system with an OEL value of 100 – 1,000 µg/m³.
- The product is added to the process via a gravimetric dosing unit with a differential dosing scale.
Accurate filling systems for big bags, containers, drums or octabins.See solutions
Systems for the dust-free emptying of big bags, containers, drums and octabins.See solutions
Conveying systems and dosing systems manufactured for your application.See solutions
We dose, mix, and break up your bulk material.See solutions